13

Sometimes I feel so lost
in absysses beyond the abyss.
I cannot figure out what became of who or when what happened around where.

Rivers cover the ground in crisscross patterns.
But when you can't see the river
there is nothing left to believe in.
The world fades into the dark universe
and all I can see is my own thought process.
Which probably doesn't exist anyway.

It is no more.
I am no more.

My plans, my life, are farther than I can reach.
I'm left with nothing but a broken heart,
pieces scattered in the mud at my feet.
What do I care if my feet get a bit muddy?

I am shoved in a box of endless sorrows
and crushed beneath a lid of lead.

Carry me across the frozen lake,
ice cracking beneath your feet.
You assure me nothing has gone wrong
while we hope from cheat to feet.
I'm scattered like the ice crystals breaking
but left with hope from your voice.
As soon as you fade away as well
we plunge beneath the icy sheets.

Comments