15

I can see you rolling
you stare into my soul
but never see me.
I can reach for you
but you'll never reach for me.
Although you do reach me,
breach me.
I want you to see me
like I get to see into you.
How did you get there
while i'm still stuck out here.
I feel so close to you
but to you i'm just an unfamiliar face.
My heart
like a squeezed out sponge
wants to soak you up.
I guess this is what you get.
This is the price you pay
to be in everyone's line of vision.
I will get there
and no longer insignificant to you.
How can you mean so much to me?
When you have never even heard me speak.
Its scary a bit
the longing I have
I don't want it.
But I want you
to know me
like I know you.
This strange phenomenon
has always existed
with Socrates and Alcibiades.
Pieces of this are littered through the past.
I am no different than all the others.

Comments